- Community & Non-Profit Organizations
The Lower Columbia Initiatives Corporation (LCIC) is the result of a partnership between Columbia Basin Trust and the 5 Eastern municipalities; City of Rossland, City of Trail, Village of Warfield, Village of Montrose, Village of Fruitvale and electoral areas A & B of the Regional District of Kootenay Boundary.
The LCIC works collaboratively with the communities in the Lower Columbia region, local agencies, organizations and businesses to develop and implement strategies that will assist in strengthening our local economy. The LCIC shares information with potential investors, existing businesses, and other service providers to advance local projects and economic priorities. In addition, the LCIC assists existing business and industry to maintain a healthy economic climate, while identifying and pursuing new economic opportunities.
The Lower Columbia Initiatives is committed to a cohesive, comprehensive, region-wide approach to the challenges and opportunities of economic development in the Lower Columbia Region.
Our vision is for the LCIC to be the regional economic development agent that supports and drives growth and prosperity.
Our mission is to drive Economic Development in the Lower Columbia.
More about the LCIC: http://www.lcic.ca/about-us/
- Attract new investment by promoting competitive advantages of existing assets and lifestyle.
- Drive economic development by advancing opportunities with existing businesses; and leveraging strategic partnerships.
- Cultivate expertise through awareness of economic development trends, innovation and best practices.
Whom to Contact
- Mrs. Terry Van HornEconomic Development OfficerSuite #1-1355 Pine Ave.Trail, BC V1R 4E7Phone: (250) 364-6461
Suite 1, 1355 Pine Avenue, Trail BC. Our office is located above the post office, in the same building as the Greater Trail Community Futures.